In some cases it's necessary to install the Android player app manually, bypassing the use of the Play Store. This is referred to as side-loading and is possible by downloading the player app (APK) directly.
Download the player APK
Two versions are available, the 'home' version acts as the device home page or 'launcher', and is useful for kiosk type applications where user access should be restricted:
Copy the APK to the device
- Copy the downloaded APK to a USB thumb drive, then insert the drive into your player hardware.
- 2nd method: You could also download the APK directly to the device by opening the download links above directly within the device browser.
Open the APK file on the device
- Use the file explorer, or APK installer app (if available), to locate the APK file on the USB thumb drive.
- Click on the APK to begin installation.
- You will likely be presented with some security related dialogs, accept them to proceed with the installation.