Revel Digital customers wishing to utilize Mixpanel for their event processing and analytics can utilize our Mixpanel integration to provide pass-through events straight to their Mixpanel account.
Revel Digital includes a number of tools for the collection and analysis of data related to the usage and engagement of digital signage, kiosks, and smart retail devices. That data can be visualized using the AdHawk tools provided by the Revel Digital platform. For more advanced processing of this data, or when the usage of Mixpanel is required, it is now possible to mirror the data on both platforms instantaneously.
Mixpanel Service Account
The Revel Digital integration requires a Mixpanel service account. This is a special type of account which it's own username and password/secret which is managed separately from traditional Mixpanel users.
For more details on creating a service account, please reference the Mixpanel documentation here:
* You will need to remember the Username and Secret from the service account, so please record this information in a secure place before proceeding.
Revel Digital Integration
With your Mixpanel service account credentials, it is now possible to configure the Mixpanel integration in your Revel Digital account.
Navigate to Account Information > Integrations, then click the Connect Mixpanel button.
Enter in the following information:
- Username from your Mixpanel service account
- Password/Secret from your Mixpanel service account
- Default project ID. This is the Mixpanel project ID to utilize by default when no project ID is supplied in the recorded event. The project ID can be found in your Mixpanel project settings
- Use EU servers should be toggled when required by GDPR regulations
Mixpanel project ID can be found in your Mixpanel project settings:
Once submitted, the integration is complete and any new event data will be replicated in your Mixpanel account.
The integration can be terminated at any time by clicking the Disconnect Mixpanel button. This will immediately discontinue event flow to Mixpanel and permanently delete any connection details.